Monday, September 13, 2010

Bad golfers wanted!

I have moved to the worlds golf paradise, with about nine golf courses within 10-15 minutes from my house. And quite a lot of the people I meet play golf. The only thing is that not one I meet plays to my lousy standards.

I started playing last year and got through my test just before the season ended. Sad to say, I haven't had any chance to play at all this year because of the move and all that came with it, and I can feel my hard-earned skill fading.

So I went to the least impressive golf course around here, the Rokers Golf Club, that also have a driving range, with my daughter to see if the clubs would obey me.

They did to some extent - I managed to not kill or injure anyone, and I got most balls to somewhere onto or near the driving range. It was a bit humiliating to have to shout Fore! when the ball went over a fence and onto the green of one of the real holes...

What I need now is someone about as bad as myself to play with, so if you are close by and fancy a terrible round (my handicap is 36+) - don't hesitate to contact me on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment