Monday, May 02, 2011

Fish signs

After having spent a lot of time finding new places to visit during weekends and Bank Holidays, we found Brittens Pond today. Brittens Pond is a small angling pond, run by Guildford Angling Society. Perfect for Leon, as he has been missing the ease of access we had to fishing spots around where we lived in Sweden. And quite good for me as well - I am thinking I can drop him off there with his fishing kit on my way to the golf course and pick him up on my way back.

What really made the family's day was this incomprehensible sign plastered to every other tree around the pond:


What does it mean? No jogging with happy fish? No heating caught fish? No poking sticks at dead fish? I also like the fact that there is an extra space for a sponsor - I wonder who would like to cough up to make the sign slightly more meaningful to the uninitiated...

No comments:

Post a Comment